Thursday, March 24, 2011

ahhh.....Spring.......

and a young girl's thoughts turn to.....................................what the heck should I do with this pumpkin?!  

This sugar pumpkin was purchased in mid-October.  It looks as perfect as it did when I brought it home.  Hard as a rock!  For Christmas it was hidden in a fruit bowl surrounded by pomegranates and persimmons.  For Valentine's Day, I had an idea to carve out heart shapes and insert a tea light............never happened. 
For St. Patrick's Day, I thought I'd place a derby on it.........nope, didn't happen.   BUT, I do have an idea to turn this autumnal delight into an Easter decoration.      So if it doesn't fail me now, it will be featured in another post.    xo,

7 comments:

  1. Well, this should be interesting. I'm sure you could add some ears and whiskers and have yourself a pumpkin rabbit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue.....what is it they say about "great minds thinking alike?!" - I might try my hand at carving though, we'll see how it goes. :-) xo,

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing! I love the suspense of finding out what you will do with the little sugar pumpkin :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, will you turn it into a decorated egg?
    You'd never know it's Spring here, it's 24 degrees today! Have a nice weekend Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marie I know! It was 29 degrees here this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'm sure you can come up with something! I'm hoping to grow some this summer. My parents grow "candy roasters" for pies, so we have no use for them besides decor. I can't wait to see what you do!! Thank you SO much for the sweet comments and the nice visit!! I feel like I've been reacquainted with an old friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't imagine how it will become an Easter ornament...it will be fun to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...