Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday, Monday

The Lord is my pacesetter
 I shall not rush,
He makes me stop and
rest for quiet intervals.
He provides me with images
of stillness,
Which restore my serenity.
He leads me in the way of efficiency
through calmness of mind.
And his guidance is peace.

Author Anonymous

I still don't like Mondays.  I always feel the most pressure to get going and get things started on Monday.  Even though I am now retired, I go to sleep on Sunday nights with a little feeling of dread.  Oh no, yet another 'work week'.  I have no one to blame for feeling pressure of any sort except myself.   This morning my to-do list is filled with stuff I need to do for a luncheon I am hosting on Friday.  Must be meatless (it's Lent). Plans for a "blog tutorial" needed to be rescheduled.  Is it too early yet to plant some pansies?  I am still looking through my Easter decorations, but they seem 'old' .  Perfect excuse for a shopping expedition, right?  Wrong!  I bought some new things last Easter but they are hiding somewhere in this little house.  Another note to self:  better time management!  I really believe that I got more things done when I was employed.  

I was happy to read this poem while going through mail, languishing over my second cup of coffee.  Helps put things in perspective for me.  What is really important vs. the need to do it all.  

Have a great week, and a productive one!  xo,

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Barbara, Oh how I needed to hear the words of that poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so true Barbara, that everyday life can bring so many pressures. It is always good to stop, take a big breath, and realize what is really important and what can wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the poem. Since I'm no longer going to a "regular" job, I love Mondays. I like getting things back organized after a busy weekend. I tend to slack off a bit during the week and Monday I pull it all back together. I am always really glad when Friday comes though!

    Loved the last post and meeting the second of the 2 Birdies. How long do birds live?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the nice comments! Kiwi the conure will be 16 in July, and that breed can live 20-25 years. Pearlie will be two in June (vet's guesstimate!) and they can live 12-15 years, even longer sometimes. xo,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your visit..loved the poem and your birds, I have two parakeets. Come say hi any time :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Barbara! I needed to read that poem too! I put pressures on myself and sit too long in front of my computer - blogging. But I do love it!
    Thanks for popping in to see me this morning.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara that is just lovely and so perfect!! I find myself trying to keep up with everything then knowing I have to put it all in perspective and make good choices for my family. Thanks so much for stopping by! I do enjoy your visits!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...