Sunday, April 3, 2011

One Cute Chick


Talk about re-purposing an object!  My six-month-old pumpkin transformed into a chick!  Bet you thought I would just add some bunny ears and call it a day.  Actually, if I was able to find bunny ears, that is just what it would be.  This was the result of a walk around my local craft store.  And this hardy gourd survived several coats of paint plus a hot glue gun.  I think it will last until after the holiday.  And then we will give it a proper send off.  I really got my two bucks worth on this one!  xo, 

8 comments:

  1. There she is! Eyes fluttering as in "I know I'm one cute chick" or could it be Miss pumpkin rolling her eyes in disbelief! Either way I love it!

    Kathy J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well how cute is that? I wouldn't have thought of it. I would have gotten those rabbit ear headbands and been done with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...I painted the backsplash! I saw a tile mosaic in a magazine that I really liked, but could not afford that so I used joint compound on the backsplash, then painted and glazed it. Afterward, I painted on the vines and flowers. That was my first attempt at painting something. The clouds in my son's room did not turn out as well, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara it looks adorable! You did a wonderful job making it looks like a chick :)

    I love your new blog design --it looks top notch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara, Looking good here! I love your pumpkin chick and your new design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, and I recognize the place mats! I got my husband to take me to the Staten Island CTS one year before they opened one on LI. It took forever to get there from out here. Thank goodness they opened an hour away so I can take myself! :)
    Have a great weekend, and thanks for all your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and I got bunny ears at CTS! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...