Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Redemption

Have you seen these brown tomatoes in the supermarket?  I was intrigued so I bought a package, 5 for $3.49. 





Between my Kodak Easy Share and lack of skill, these looked browner in person!  After all the Easter goodies, I am buckling down this week.    I made a quick dressing using blood orange olive oil, chocolate balsamic vinegar, s&p, oregano and cumin, all to taste.  If I had fresh basil, I would have added that too.  Too early for fresh herbs in my area.  Although the last few days have been warm and humid.


So in the spirit of redeeming myself from all the Easter goodies, it's what for lunch today!  P.S. the tomatoes really didn't have much taste  :(



If you are interested in finding blood orange olive oil and chocolate balsamic vinegar, you can visit the Tubby Olive in Newton, Pennsylvania by clicking here.

xo,

13 comments:

  1. My husband would absolutely LOVE this. Believe it or not, my mouth started watering when I read blood orange olive oil and chocolate balsamic vinegar. I don't think I've ever had that response to a blog post before. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my book there is nothing better than a fresh tomato salad, Barbara. I also started a diet this week. It's hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blood orange olive oil and chocolate balsamic vinegar? We have to talk! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Barbara! OH, I love tomatoes and would loved to have joined you! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need some redemption in my life after Easter too. Never a fan of storebought tomatoes except for the ones on the vine. I haven't seen the brown ones. Your concoction sounds lovely. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just add a little fresh mozzarella and I'm in heaven. How did the dressing come out?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Toniann, I am so with you re fresh mozzarella, but I am trying to be good :) Once I start with fresh mozzie there is no stopping me! The dressing came out great, good thing, cause the tomatoes themselves were disappointing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe with a side of jelly beans? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not seen these...sad that they don't taste good but thanks for the heads up! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't seen the brown 'maters yet, but I'll be on the look-out:@)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wherever did you find that olive oil and that vinegar? They both had my mouth watering. I haven't seen those tomatoes. Sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry for my belated post,
    I hope I am not wrong, but are you saying that the brown tomatoes are different from the ones I normally buy (reddish one). From the picture, it looks like the same. Or more ripped?

    Anyways, I have the foggiest idea with all "blood orange olive oil and chocolate balsamic vinegar". Haha, I I seemed to have exposed my ignorance for western cooking P;)
    Love, orchid.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those brownish tomatoes. The ones they sell here are called Kumato, I believe. I also grow the Chocolate Cherry tomatoes in my garden. I will have to look for that olive oil - it sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...