Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Let Freedom Ring

Dear Heavenly Father,

As we remember those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom, we think of how they have followed in the footsteps of your son, our Savior, Jesus Christ. Please hold our service men and women in your strong arms. Cover them with your sheltering grace and presence as they stand in the gap for our protection.

We also remember the families of our troops, and ask for your unique blessings to fill their homes and your peace, provision and strength to fill their lives.

May the members of our armed forces be filled with courage to face each day and may they trust in the Lord's mighty power to accomplish each task. Let our military brothers and sisters feel our love and support.

In the name of Jesus. Amen.

- Rev. Dick Kozelka of First Congregational Church of Minnesota

------------------------------------------------------------

My Dad was a World War II veteran, as well as several of my uncles, and I had cousins serving in Viet Nam.  This weekend is a good time for reflection and offering a simple prayer in their memory, for all veterans living or deceased, and for those who serve today. 



Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.  xo,

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Let us never forget our men and women who fought for our country. Without them, we would not be where we are today! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Barbara. This is beautiful. This year's Memorial Day takes on a whole new meaning for me as we send a family member overseas this summer. I pray for his safety and the safety of all our brave soldiers. And I bless the memory of those who gave all they had to give for my freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said. This Memorial day has a special meaning for my family as well. My nephew is in Afghanistan for his first tour of duty with the USMC. We are so fortunate to have these brave men and women stand up for freedom. God bless each and every one of them and bring them safely home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Memorial Day!!!

    Good Morning, from Japan my friend,

    Well, my father (who is 86years old and suffering from dementia)was also in the World WarⅡ. He's never told us his experience, may be too hard to share.
    When I was a little child, I sometimes wonder why he loves American movies and dramas. I thought he was enjoying those which were made in the country he fought. "Combat" with Vic Morrow was his favorite. See, you might know my feeling,
    prayers for all the people who suffered in the war!!!

    Well, he is the one who showed me and brought me interests for the Western Culture. Haha, "Moby-Dick; or, the Whale","Rawhide" etc I remember I enjoyed togather with him. My favorites were "Be witched", "Little house in the prairie" etc.
    I digreesed a little,P;)

    Have a peaceful and wonderful weekend, Love. Orchid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara: So beautifully stated in prayer. Where WOULD we be without the men and women of our armed forces? God bless you for remembering them.

    Also, Barb, many thanks for taking the time to visit me today. I really appreciated it.

    Mary Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. very very nice! I mailed your treat today.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My father was a WWII vet also...
    How are you doing? Come stai??
    Un abbraccio!
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey my new bloggy buddy,I'm here and I'm following back!
    It's gonnna be fun!
    Love this post,my Daddy was a WWII vet also, served in the army and was stationed in the Phillipines,he didn't talk much about this time in his life,but when he did,we(six children,4 brothers and my sister)always paid attention.I miss him he passed in 2001.
    Hey friend,thanks for this tribute and rememberance!
    Have a great Memorial Weekend!
    And thanks again for our following each other.
    ~JO
    LazyonLoblolly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this post. My SIL has served in both Iraq and Afghanistan -- and has recently chosen "career" Army. He is currently doing infantry training and will likely return to Iraq in early 2012. It's an admirable choice, but the sacrifice of the families is sometimes not realized. We must continue to pray for all involved in preserving our freedoms. Happy Memorial Day to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daddy, too...and uncles.
    I love your sweet post.
    Have a wonderful Memorial Day.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely sentiments! Have a wonderful Memorial Day, God bless America!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful post, Barbara! My Memorial Day post will be up tomorrow evening ..I could never forget the service of our military!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...