Monday, June 27, 2011

Girls' Night In




Yvonne of Stone Gable is hosting a new weekly meme and I am happy to join in.  Thanks for hosting, Yvonne, and for sharing all those great mouthwatering recipes and helpful tips and tutorials.  Getting on your invite list is one of my personal goals.  :) 

I had three friends over for dinner and this is what we ate.  The ladies graciously provided dessert (I think they went a little crazy here).. 

Our  menu for our girls' night in was

Petite filet mignon
Grilled shrimp
Corn on the cob
Spring mix salad  with viniagrette dressing
Miniature pasties, cookies (store bought) and small fruit bowl (from the supermarket)


For the steak I use Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick and sprinkled it on both sides.  No need for anything else.




Grilled Shrimp

2 lbs. large shrimp, shelled and deveined
bamboo skewers (soak in water at least 30 minutes)

Marinade 

 1/2 cup olive oil
 zest of a lemon
 2-3 garlic cloves chopped 
salt and pepper to taste 
fresh herbs of your choice, finely minced (optional)

Thread shrimp on skewers and pour marinade over them in a glass dish.  Marinate 20 minutes.  Place on grill, basting occasionally and turning often.


Corn was fresh and sweet and no room on the grill so into the 'hot tub' it went!

Sherry Viniagrette

1 clove garlic
1 T. Dijon  mustard
1/3 c. sherry vinegar
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 - 1/2 tsp. salt

I use my mini processor and pulse all ingredients a few times.
This keeps well in the fridge about a week, in a covered jar.   





It was fun catching up and enjoying each other's company, as  we live considerable distance from each other.  We are all looking forward to the next time.

Please be sure to stop by Stone Gable and see what is on the menu at other blogspots. 

xo

20 comments:

  1. Hello Barbara:
    How delicious all of this sounds and looks. It must have been a really enjoyable evening and especially so as it was an opportunity to catch up with friends you had not seen for some while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delectable. Grilled shrimp is one of my favourites and such a "girls" dish! Your girls night looks amazing Barbara. Thanks for sharing.

    Veronica
    www.tasselsandtwigs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sure looks like a great dinner Barbara! Your dressing sounds good too:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me giggle. I started with the shameless ploy for a Stone Gable invite and ended with "hot tub" for the corn. So funny.

    And the rest just made me hungry. Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how nice to get together with friends and have meal!!!
    You always share me the recipes which are different from Japanese ones. Lovely to see them♪♪♪
    Love and Hugs, Orchid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy, getting on your girls night friends invite list is definitely one of my personal goals! :) YUM!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOur "girls in" night sounds so much better and more intimate than going out. I love your take on surf and turf! Especially the recipe for the marinaded grilled shrimp. Delicious!!!!
    I am so pleased you decided to participate in ON THE MENU MONDAY~ you have a wonderful menu to share. Hope to see you next week!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Barbara.
    I am a newby to your blog. I wish I kept up more with my blog, but sometimes I just don't know what to say...or I think; Who wants to read about my life!!"
    I found you on Brenda's blog and I read her daily.

    I will check in from time to time to see what you are writing about. Food sound delightful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Barbara,
    I love your Girls Night In Party menu. Looks delicious and a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

  10. oh.. so nice post.)
    Love your blog.))

    I now spend a survey of bloggers with such questions.
    1. Why did you create a blog?
    2. For whom you taking him? Want to be popular?
    3. How long will it keep going?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, everyone! Wish I had more photos but being chief cook and bottlewasher (ha ha) curtails my phototaking. I will work on that. Mary Mur, I started in March this year just to become a part of this fabulous circle of virtual friends and kindred spirits. I found that as long as I didn't limit myself to one particular topic, I might do OK. I love it so, and do it mainly for me! I love the visits and the nice comments. There is a lot of talent out there. How long will I keep doing this? I hope it is a long long time. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Barbara~ Your girls' night in menu sounds great! I always enjoy filet and shrimp on the barbie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, my mouth is watering, wish I was on the list of girls! Yum. Yes, I agree, Montreal Steak Seasoning is the wonder of wonders. I even use it on my shrimp ( and chicken, and pork and veggies! - I am an addict.)
    How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woohoo!! I just discovered your blog. It is an inspiration to me with the format. I am still in the learning stage probably will always be. Recipes are noted and applied to the try list.

    ReplyDelete
  15. well... you are getting quite a following!!
    Love,
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  16. YUM! I want to come over for the next girls get together! LL

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a perfect fun time you had! Great menu! I love sherry vinegar and have not seen it in a long time. I have rad lots of good stuff about Montreal Steak spice. Will have to look that up too.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  18. You made one of my favorite dinners, Barbara! I love a good steak, grilled shrimp and corn on the cob!

    It's nice you get together with your frinds and keep in touch this way!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi lovely lady. The Shrimp is always on my table once a week we love seafood. Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my new Tablescape. I hope you have a Great Week.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...