Friday, June 24, 2011

I was tagged!



My dear friend Orchid, of the wonderful blog Orchid's Daily Voice, has passed along the  "Sunshine Award" she received recently.    It has been rainy and dreary here the past few days, so maybe this award is a sign that the sun will be coming back.

The first time I met Orchid, she was so polite and asked if she could become a follower.  I nearly fell off my chair when I realized that a lovely Japanese lady had reached out to me, since it was only about a month after the tsunami and earthquake in Japan.  I didn't even know what to say, except, How are you?  Are you doing OK?  She was so sweet and we just hit it off right away.

Now, something about me.  Hmmm, I am pretty much what you see is what you get.  Good or bad. I am what I am.  I truly believe I am where I am supposed to be in God's plan.  I love being retired after working since 1972.  I love blogging, and I realize that I enjoy writing.  I had not written anything since I was in college, many moons ago, other than notes to friends.  I now have a new interest, photography.  I took my first class a couple of weeks ago, which I posted about here, and my second class is next month.  We will be learning basic Photoshop.

I notice that many of the blogs I follow have buttons which say they are award and tag-free, so I will not pass this along.  Feel free to take it if you wish.

I am doing a small  project today, which involves a 102 year old tablecloth.  I will share that in my next post. 

Thank you, Orchid.  My mother was a huge fan of the TV series "Murder She Wrote".  I had almost forgotten about it.  Thanks for the sweet memory. 

A reminder that I am having my first giveaway for my lovely followers on July 20th.  Click here to learn more about that. 

xo,




14 comments:

  1. Hello Barbara:
    What a delightful story. It is wonderful when one instantly knows that one feels a certain kind of bond with someone else, even if one has never and may never meet. You fully deserve your 'sunshine' award, bringing as you do rays of happiness to others every time you post and comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOw very nice! You derserve a 1000 tags. Barbara, you are so gracious and always take the TIME to make the nicest comments and we all know that is the water to our blog flowers...Hugs Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this blogging world is such a wonderful fun place. I too love the beautiful people I have 'met'!... :)
    Congratulations on your sunshine award. You deserve it, you certainly make my mornings brighter!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Barb! If there was a sunshine award for commenting you would get that too!

    I can't wait to see what you are doing with the antique tablecloth!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much for your sweet word about me♡♡♡
    I am happy to be able to have you as my friend♫♫♫

    Oh, Good Luck on your photography class. I wiish I can find the class here!!!
    And also looking forward to reading about your tablecloth project. (hum,102 years old♪♪♪)
    Hugs to my friend, Orchid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I can't wait to hear abut the 102 year old table cloth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Barbara! Blogging brings us so many wonderful friendships, and opens the whole worls onto our cimputer! I am so happy that you are enjoying the experience so much!

    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it amazing how blogging opens a huge new world? It's even more amazing how many folks out there are really and truly WORTH KNOWING!

    Murder She Wrote...
    I love it. My older daughter used to sleep with me when she was tiny and the hubs was out of town. We would watch Nick and Nite until I "thought" she was asleep, and I would turn to other stuff (like MSW). One night, she told me that she needed to stay awake until "The Bike Lady" came on.

    So... I guess my two year old watched murder mysteries... Not a comforting thought, but she appeared to be only interested in the fact that she rode a bike.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't that sweet! There are so many sweet, lovely ladies in Blogland.
    Un abbraccio,
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Barbara: Congratulations on your "Sunshine Award." You always leave such kind comments on my blog and I so appreciate them! You certainly bring sunshine to MY days. I can't wait to see what your tablecloth project entails. Have a great weekend. Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Barbara!Love reading you and what a great post; love it.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello I really like your blog. I blog hopped over from another gals blog. I am a follower now. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful story here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Barbara, this is truly moving, thank you for sharing. Congratulations on receiving The Sunshine Award for your lovely blog.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI Barbara! I've missed you too! Oh, Blogland is just amazing, isn't it? That we can become friends with folks all over this world!
    I want to congratulate you on your award!
    Be a sweetie and thanks for popping in to see me,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...