Thursday, June 9, 2011

Went out for a walk



and came home with goodies.  On Saturday, my friend T. and I went for a walk and saw this little festival just getting started.  It was a Strawberry Festival at a local church.  The bouncy castle was hard to cut out of the photo and it was rather cloudy so I apologize for that.

There weren't fresh berries to bring home (boo hoo), but they had a big bowlfuls of cut up and sugared ones that would be poured over pieces of cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.  Since I really hadn't walked that far to allow me this indulgence, I kept myself busy looking at all the trash-or-treasure items displayed.  Of course, a few found their way home with me. 



This was $2.00 and I will try my hand at spray painting it either a cream or that light green color.  Any helpful hints or pointers on how to do this are appreciated.   Makes a nice cookbook holder.   Of course, any thing with feathers always catches my eye.




Then I saw this dish, and one of the church ladies said it was 50 cents.  After flipping it over, she said, "Oh no, this is a $1.00."  I said OK.




She threw in this cup, which doesn't belong, but I'll come up with something.  The plate on EBay sells for $15.99.

This set me back 50 cents.  Reminds me of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, one of my favorite places to visit.

As did this.


And my favorite (and most expensive, at $3) item of the day:


Unopened glass teapot with an assortment of flowering teas.  If they work I will be sharing some tea with you.


Two dinner plates and an oval serving dish all three for $2.  So, I will have to go buy berries in the supermarket, but I think I found some cute little items to play with!

I will be joining Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday.  For around here, this is pretty thrifty.  Please stop by when you can to check out the real buys that these ladies find!

xo,


17 comments:

  1. Looks like you found some nice things, love that first pictures! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found some great thrifty goodies, love your cup with the buggy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi lovely lady. I see you had a good day with all your great goodies. GOOD FOR YOU !!! Thanks so much for coming over with your lovely comments on my Tablescape.
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, lots of fun finds! Love all the dishes...I know, you are just so shocked by Diann like some thrifty dishes huh? LOL Thanks for joining this week's TTF! And guess what? You are the first winner of the "1st Thrifty Tablescape" party giveaway! So, that means you get to chose which set of napkin rings you want! YAY!! Just send me an email with your mailing address and choice. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying to collect some of that red transferware so I know that 1.00 is an awesome steal. The other pieces are great too, especially the one with the horse and buggy.

    I'm trying to get RID of my stuff...
    And here I go reading about your adventure and feeling the itch to go and buy.
    Sigh.
    (I'm still in rhyming mode I guess.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your Thrifty Tablescape win!

    I'd say you did a great job shopping at this festival sale too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how wonderful to have a nice time like that with friend!!!
    The dish does have a slight touch of oriental atmosphere, doesn't it?

    Wow, you're going to paint the one which is supposed to be used for cookbook holder. What a lovely idea♪♪♪ I sure am looking forward to see it when you finished worked on it♡♡♡

    Big hugs, Orchid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all so adorable. I can't believe the prices either...you really came away with some great bargains. Thanks so much for sharing and for visiting with me. Hope you have a good thrifting weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have great will power. I would not have turned down the berries with ice cream. I do enjoy strawberries. I enjoyed your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are just the kinds of fun and thrifty things that make my heart sing. I especially like your cup with the Lancaster scene and your $1 transferware plate. Nice finds!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Barbara, Love all the wonderful items you found. I think would have fought you over that "buggy" teacup! lol!Congratulations on your win over at Thrifty tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Score!

    Spray paint. Works beautifully, no glops, shiny finish... perfect!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. You found some great bargains. Red Willow is hard to find...$1.00 WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the plate and the teacups are adorable and such a great deal. I love sales like that! Congrats on your win of the napkin holders! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. You got wonderful bargains! I love pretty tea cups like these.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great finds! You will find ways to use all of them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...