Monday, August 8, 2011

Did Someone Say "Party"?

 Ain't nobody here but us chickens!

Yes, there is a party going on, and I am happy  to join the lovely Shelia of Note Songs for her very first Roosters & Chickens Party.






For a city gal, chickens mostly show up at my table in the form of chicken parmigiana, but I do have a couple of  chicken delights and perky roosters in the house.  


The embroidered cloth was an EBay purchase a few months ago.  




Here are some close ups of the detail








The salad plates are Bordallo Pinheiro,  which I bought at  Tuesday Morning.  The napkins were part of the "Born in the USA Giveaway" from lovely Linda of A La Carte.  The chick s&p's are from Ross.






Little Raoul Rooster is quite old and I don't remember where I bought him.  




But I do remember buying it after learning that roosters in the kitchen bring good luck.  (I knew I should have bought a bigger one!).


The egg dish with s&p eggs is from the Temptations line at QVC.  Henrietta sits on the stove when not in use, and she helps me bake with her measuring spoon 'feathers'.  She also comes from the Temptations line, as  is Henny, the other s&p set on the table.     




The centerpiece was from Home Goods a couple of years ago, and I took my fruit out so I could show off Mr. Rooster.  






These cute orange ramekins were a Home Goods purchase a few months ago.  




One wall in the kitchen has this metal sculpture from Pier I, it was a housewarming gift from my bf.   






The mugs, snack plates and dish towels was a hostess gift from a sweet friend several years ago.




And here is my new addition, Dominic




You might be wondering what a little donkey pulling a cart has to do with roosters and chickens!  Well, in my barn all God's creatures get  along, and I just wanted to show off a purchase from a "virtual day of antique shopping in Missouri" with Richard of My Old Historic House.   I couldn't resist.


Please stop by to see all the rooster-liciousness and feathered fineness featured at Shelia's party.   And there are also two lovely hand-made giveaways for all participating guests.  Thanks, Shelia, for a great party!




xo

32 comments:

  1. You have some fun Chicks and Roosters! I'm loving all the table settings you pulled together. Glad you like those cute napkins I have them in my post also.
    Fun party!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have some cute chicks and roos. Love that cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that cloth with the colorful chickens strutting around, so cute! Cute chicks too and the egg plate, love it all! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some beautiful treasures. I love the tablecloth especially. It was great fun to see your rooster collection and I look forward to seeing all the participants for Shelia's party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some very cute Chicks and Roosters! Love your tablecloth!
    Visiting from NoteSongs.

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely adore your chickens, but that cloth... oh, that cloth is just PRECIOUS. You did great on that.

    Dropping by from Shelia's to wish you a Happy Cockadoodledo Day! Glad I dropped in and hope you will come visit me, too.

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great roos Barbara! Adorable table cloth and that TempTations egg dish must have sold out in record time-I didn't even see it on the Q:@)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is cuter than I have words! fun post! Have fun at your rooster party Barbara!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great vintage embroidered cloth and I love your Bordallo plate and the fun deviled egg one,
    I'm visiting from Note Songs.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my goodness. I'm in yard bird heaven! :) What wonderful Roos and Chicks you have and I am coveting big time that precious embroidered tea cloth! :) Thank you so much for coming to my party.
    You are the sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The first photo is PERFECT! And I love the embroidery..WOW! You have lots of nice things to 'crow' about! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,Barbara♪♪♪
    What a fun post. I didn't know that "roosters in the kitchen bring good luck"
    Many LOVELY items you have♬♬♬
    I liked "The egg dish with s&p eggs" the best, because kind of haven't seen before. Yes, really fancy vintage embroidered cloth♡♡♡

    Have a wonderful new week, LOVE Orchid.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a collection! Very interesting...Betty @ Country Charm

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love embroidery and yours is very nice. What a collection you have and the fun time collecting each piece.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Certainly some fun chickens at your place. I especially like that table cloth. Wow, what a find!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Barbara, that opening photo is just to darn cute!Love all your chickens and roos. What a great party.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice collection of Roo's.Never heard that roosters in the kitchen bring good luck. Now I know. Trish

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad I stopped by, especially to see the needlework!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow...lovely collection of chicks n roos..
    eyecatchy cliks..:)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have so many wonderful pieces that I kept changing my mind as to a favorite. It started out to be the tablecloth, and then I was hooked on your egg plate. That is so cute! By the end, I was coveting your ramekins. I would love to find some in red, black, or yellow for my kitchen.

    I'm so behind the loop that I didn't know roosters in the kitchen were good luck. I have them, just didn't know it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey love your roo's and chick's,and I just realized when I read your post I forgot to mention the giveaway in my post,rhut row!I need to go edit,thanks for the reminder.
    ~Jo
    LazyonLoblolly

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi lovely lady.
    I love all your wonderful collections of roosters, and your Beautiful tablecloth sweet.
    Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my new Tablescape, and have a great week.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great collection and so fun to visit!! Someone put in lots of time and love on the cloth! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'll say you have some chicken and rooster treasures! I love that embroidered cloth, and the egg plate, and the ramekins, and the... Wow!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the embroidered tablecloth you found on EBay, Barbara..it is really pretty! All of your chickens, chicks and rooster itemsare very cute and useful.
    I just looked around my kitchen and saw that I only had one chicken item..a small chicken toothpick holder I bought many years ago. I better go shopping! ;)

    PS _I love the donkey cart -- it looks very old world Italian.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Barbara, I enjoyed your last few posts. Nice day trip. Pa. has so many beautiful places.
    I love the orange covered dish and the egg plate from QVC. Don't you just love the temptations line?
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  27. That embroidery work is fabulous!! What lovely chicken pieces you gave -- I have those same orange ramekins -- LOVE THEM!!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  28. You have some sweet roos and hens! The tablecloth is totally gorgeous; I just love it! Clearly I have not been paying close enough attention to Temptations lately as I missed that darling egg plate and matching s&ps! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What fun! I need a rooster for luck n my kitchen. I need to be on the lookout.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a collection you have! I'm a big fan of how you mix and match things on the table....as in the photo with the orange ramekin. And I love the green rooster plate so much that, if I ever were to come to your house, it might go missing. I'm just sayin'....

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh I do love all your roosters, and if your kitchen rooster is too small to bring all the good luck you need, perhaps we could add many more roosters to fill in the luck gap! And that way we'd have more roosters to show if our Note Songs friend has another party! Thanks for sharing, I loved all your roos, and your donkey as well.

    Hugs,
    Mary @ Redo 101

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow, I would say your chickens have come home to roost. Lots of them. I think I have a crush on Raoul. I only hope Henrietta doesn't pluck him before I can. I love here spoons. You have a beautiful collection. Thanks for sharing this cute post. Hugs, Ginger

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...