Monday, September 5, 2011

An Award

Jane, of  Cottage at the Crossroads, has passed along the Versatile Blogger Award.  Thanks again, Jane.  I am flattered that you thought of me.






Now I have to tell you seven things about myself.  I think I may have spilled the beans previously (and without any prompting!).


1)    I didn't always like birds...gasp, there I said it!  No, it
       wasn't until I 'birdsat' in 1995 for my friend's parakeet 
       and fell in love with his singing and cute personality.  I
       didn't want to give him back.  I received my 1st pet
       bird, a parakeet, for my birthday that year.


2)    I love food (too much so) but one thing I don't like,
        is butter.  Yes, Paula Deen would be having a case
        of the vapors if she heard anyone say this, my paternal
        grandmother also had a dislike, so maybe I inherited
        it from her?  I use it only for baking, once in a while
        in mashed potatoes.  Of course, I love butter cookies
        and cheese!  


3)    I am a big procrastinator.  It always seemed to me that 
        I did my best work under pressure.  Since I am not as
        young as I used to be, this can get me in trouble.  I am
        working hard to break this habit.  I may start tomorrow.


4)     I have a "wish list" of places I want to visit before I 
        am too old.  It is a diverse list and includes places like
        Tuscany, Utah, Missouri, Maine, Bermuda,  Greece, and.
        Eagles Mere, Pennsylvania.  I warned you it was diverse.


5)    I still have a dream that I will be able to visit most of
       these places with a man who loves me and who is God's
       perfect choice for me.  Yes, I do dream really big.


6)    I hate to be ignored.  It takes no effort to return a smile,
        a wave, or a good morning.  And it caused me to coin
        a phrase "blog snobs".  Yes, I know folks are busy and
        life gets in the way, and some only interested in one
        thing but really, answering a direct question and
        acknowledging new followers,  part of the package.


7)     I have a circle of friends, some I've known more than
        30 + years, whom I love and consider my "family".  I
        thank God every day for putting them in my life.


There, seven things you may or may not have known about me.  Now to the really difficult part.  To nominate ten newly discovered blogs and pass it along.


I am sharing some bloggy love with the following blogs:


Denise of  Count It *All* Joy
Kathie of Like A Box of Chocolates
Olga of Olga's Home and Garden 
Annette of Vintage Southern Life
Natasha of 5 Minutes Just For Me
Lana of Life at Wildberry Cottage
Debbie at A Slice of Pie
Chris of Gratitude, Hope and Inspiration
Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic
Cindy of Whimsical Musings


When time allows, please visit these blogs, as they each offer something for everyone.

xo




        
          

16 comments:

  1. Happy Labor Day Barbara! You don't like butter??? I didn't think that was possible:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Barbara:
    Congratulations on the receipt of a well deserved reward.

    And also for sharing with us the amusing and very honest things about yourself. They have made for delightful and fun reading and it is reassuring to know that, where procrastination is concerned, we are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Barbara,
    Congratulations on your award!!!
    And it is interesting to read this post and know a little more about you♬♬♬ So happy for you that you have such a long-lasting friendship.
    Oh, yes, I also don't like being ignored and gave me a new coined word, "blog snobs". I LOVE it very much. Oh, you can coin a words♪
    Haha, finding your new post, I am procrastinating doing dishes after dinner now. Sleepy Head now.
    Had a kind of tough weekend, hope you are having nice labor day holiday.
    Love and hugs, Orchid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't dream too big! Praying with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to read these lists. Call me nosey, I guess, but I like random insights into people.

    I am a huge dreamer too. And I also procrastinate. I like to think I work well under pressure, but my family reminds me that they don't enjoy life when Mom is under pressure.

    I actually like butter. It just doesn't like me. Or maybe it just likes me too much since it seems to stick around so long after consumption.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Barbara,

    Congratulations on your award!! I saw that on Debbie's blog a few weeks ago. I REALLY enjoyed reading some random facts about you, and it was so funny to learn that you haven't always liked birds. That Paula Deene is the Queen of Butter (and mayonnaise and cheese, too) isn't she? I really like butter, but when I eat it, I always say I might as well just apply it directly to my thighs :) I am also a big procrastinator -- always wishing I wasn't. Oh, and I feel the same way about "blog snobs". Thanks so much for sharing these facts about you so we feel like we know you even better. Have a great week.

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice to know more about you Barbara! I cannot believe you don't like butter, lol! Thanks for stopping by and now I feel really bad for taking so long to get here:-) We are releasing a single tomorrow, so I am thinking things will slow down a little bit. Take care! I always enjoy your visits!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulazioni!!!E' bello sapere qualcosa di te!Ciao,Rosetta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi lovely lady.
    Congratulations on your Award sweet lady. Im so Happy for you!! I also love your lists, I would like to thank you for your sweet comments on my One Year Tablescapes Anniversary so sweet of you. I hope you are having a great weekend.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Barbara, just got home from work . I couldn't wait to read your latest post.Congratulations on your versatile blogger award!
    Thanks for sharing and may all your dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Barbara,
    I,too, enjoyed reading your list! Unfortunately, I love butter a little too much, but my niece's husband doesn't like butter either. Started a diet today to get rid of some of that butter induced flab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this was fun to read...and GASP yes...you didn't always like birds! And may I request you add Minneapolis to that wish list of places to visit b/c then we could meet and have tea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your award-you deserve it! That was a fun way of getting to know you a bit more too. How funny to think that weren't always a fan of birds!

    You are so very sweet to think of me. Thank you!

    Best wishes and I hope you have a lovely week!
    Natasha.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE butter! It is one of my weaknesses!
    Love,
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Morning, Miss Barbara! I really enjoyed your "7".

    May I please act as devil's advocate for the one on 'blog snobbery'? There are a lot of people who literally follow hundreds of blogs and the only way they feel they can do that is by not taking the time to leave comments on all of them. Folks are busy, hurried.


    Then there are folks who are just shy. They don't know what to say that would warrant a comment. I call them 'lurkers'. Many folks do. Lurkers are welcome in my book.


    There are still others who see that someone else has already commented exactly what they would have.


    They all still leave traces of having been to your blog, though. You can see how many visitors you've had each day, even how many page hits you've had.


    When you stop to think about it, it's just nice to know that someone took the time to visit...but, remember, I'm just playing devil's advocate. xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your award! I loved learning more about you. I can see you have a wonderful sense of humor, Barbara, and I agree that dreaming big is a wonderful way to live!

    I also agree with PJ, Barbara, about "Blog Snobs" I love to read and comment on blogs but sometimes I am overwhelmed by life and just can't get online as much as I'd like. So I try to understand when others get busy. Last week was a good example as was with my kids and grandkids in Colorado and since I don't see them often I wanted to enjoy every second with them. When I am home in Brooklyn I often have to help my elderly Mom do chores and errands. She doesn't understand the computer and gets agitated to see me on it so I have to turn it off when she is over my house. It is easy to fall behind in those circumsytances, and I can understand it happening to others.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...