Friday, September 2, 2011

Thrifty Tablescape - Fall is almost here

I am happy to join Diann at the Thrifty Groove for her Thrifty Tablescapes Party #4.  




The sunflower table topper was a gift from one of my clients in the bank where I was working, several years ago.  Here is a closeup of the detail.






The yellow dinner plates are from Dollar Tree.  The brown star shaped plates are from Bed Bath & Beyond, originally priced at $7.99, I found them on sale for $1.99 a couple of months ago, I bought four of them.  






The flatware is a recent purchase from Ross, which I discovered in New Jersey.  It is the closest one to me.  I think the 20 pcs. for 4 was $9.99.  It picks up every color in the salad dish.




The amber glasses were my mother's, I remember them as a child, so they are at least 45-50 years old.  






If anyone knows anything about them, like name brand, please let me know.  There are no markings on the glasses.  I had more than a dozen but with two moves, I am down to four of them.  






These adorable bee napkin rings are a giveaway from Diann after her very first Thrifty Tablescapes party in June.  They are from Christmas Tree Shop.  (I received other goodies as well, but they will be introduced in future posts).  Every one knows how much bees like sunflowers.  The napkins, in keeping with the "thrifty theme",  are paper but pretty.




My "centerpiece" of sorts - the "B" is from Stein Mart several years ago, and the shelf sitter scarecrow is from Cracker Barrel a month or so ago.  He will be showing up again as I start to take out autumn decorations.


The recap:


table topper                    gift - free
dinner plates                  $1 x 2 = $2
salad plates                     $1.99 x 2 shown = $4.00
amber glasses                 family - free
flatware                           .50 cents/pc, x 6 = 3.00
centerpiece, napkins     had in my home -"free"  ;-)
  napkin rings                 giveaway


                            Total =  $9.00


Please stop by The Thrifty Groove to see the other beautiful and "price defying" tablescapes - I am always amazed at the great items people find out there.  


xo

22 comments:

  1. I have the same goblets in amber, green,blue,pink and red. Love them and love your table. Tweet,tweet!Richard from my Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh love love love the fall look...makes me want to snuggle up and eat some pumpkin pie! Nice job, great treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet table. Love the colors! Those goblets are called Kings Crown and were made by Indiana Glass. I have them in a few colors and love them!! Great tablescape! Oh and those bee napkin rings...adorable!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is totally beautiful!! I love your fall decorating--gorgeous!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute table Barbara! Love the pretty topper and your mom's glasses are beautiful, I've always liked amber:@)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Barbara,
    I LOVE the BEAUTIFUL table topper and all the arrangement♡♡♡
    How wonderful you treasure your mother's goblet and SO happy for you that your friend got the answer for you.
    Oh, I cannot go without commenting that how adorable to see "scarecrow sitting on B"♬♬♬

    Blessing to you and wishing the relaxing weekend for you, Hugs xoxo, Orchid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the star plate, pretty napkins, table topper and amber goblets. Pretty table, Barbara! Happy Fall!
    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your table topper is gorgeous! I really like the unique shape of the salad plates; nice thrifty purchase on them. Seems like you will be able to use them with many different settings.

    The amber glasses are lovely and I really like the way you have tucked the bee and the napkins into the glass.
    Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tablescape Barbara! Gets me in the mood to start gathering all my fall decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. O, what a cute table. You would never know that it was THRIFTY. It's adorable.
    I have always loved amber glass, too. I don't have but 2 goblets..but they work for Mr. Sweet and me. :))

    Now that dirt thing made out of Oreos sounds amazing. And, how cute that she put it in a pail with a little shovel. Some people are so creative..I never think of cute things like that.:(
    xoxoxo bj

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cara Barbara,bellissima tavola autunnale,calda e accogliente!Baci e buona domenica!Rosetta

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was just telling my husband we need to get the fall decorations out of the attic. You've inspired me to make sure that gets done! Lovely objects d'art!

    ReplyDelete
  13. very pretty and thrifty too. Love the embroidered cloth. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute. Gorgeous table topper.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your glasses are called King's Crown and they were made by Indiana Glass in the 1960s/70s! I have lots of the pattern in green and a little in gold. Thanks for sharing this great thrifty tablescape ... and thanks for visiting my site.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful tablescape. I was going to tell the name and maker of your goblets but I see a couple of gals already did that.
    Love the tabletopper and the unique salad dishes. Thanks for sharing this lovely table.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun tablescape -- I love it! And I do so love fall and decorating in fall things!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Barbara,

    This is such a neat table!! My favorite element is your BEAUTIFUL table topper. What a nice gift! Your flatware does indeed pick up every color from the plates, and your little bees are so cute. Those amber goblets are really lovely -- what a treasure. Bill at Affordable Accoutrements is very knowledgeable about vintage glass; you could try asking him. Hope you have a great Labor Day weekend.

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dearest Barbara,

    Thanks for your visit and comment. Lovely, warm decorations you got for the upcoming fall. Making life cozy inside our homes again.
    Love to you,

    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an adorable tablescape Barbara! I love the whole color scheme. That table topper is just beautiful! You put together a lovely thrifty tablescape! Great job. Thanks for joining the fun for the Thrifty Tablescape party!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...