Saturday, January 21, 2012

Happy Chinese New Year


 新年快樂


The Year of the Dragon 


1916  1928  1940  1952 1964  1976  1988  2000  2012


Dragon Personality 

The Dragon is magnificent. He is flamboyant, attractive and full of vitality and strength. In China the Dragon is the imperial symbol, the sign of the emperor, or the male element Yang. The Dragon is the symbol of power and wealth. 

It would be right to say that people born in the year of the dragon have a natural charisma and are certainly gifted with power and luck. It is unlikely for them to escape unnoticed from a party or to take a second place in a competition. The dragon person has an active mind and shows an unfeigned interest in the world around him/her. This person is also self-confident enough to know how to create a necessary impression. Because they are larger than life themselves, dragon people like to do everything on a grand scale. They are egoistical and ambitious, almost to the point of megalomania, and will stop at nothing to get what they want. Person born in this year wears the crown of destiny, and is capable of great achievements if he/she knows how to harness his/her tremendous energy, intelligence and talent. While these people enjoy being the center of attention, they also have a brave and charitable side to their personality. If a dragon's friend faces a problem or dilemma he/she will be there to offer help, and when others leave the field of battle the dragon person makes a step forward to solve the problem with authority and dignity. These people set the high standard of actions for themselves as well as for other people and are surprised when others cannot cope with a task; they are so carried away by the process that fail to see other people's weaknesses. 

The Chinese believe that there is a balance between heaven and earth in the life of people born in the year of the dragon, and successful follows them everywhere. Along with a good fortune, these people are also good organizers, who can step in at the right moment with an exciting or creative scheme. They can be quick-tempered and obstinate, and sometimes too outspoken, but there is usually good advice in their criticisms or suggestions. As a friend, a person born in this year often allows him/herself to be carried away by his/her needs to show everyone the way and neglects to solicit opinions and ideas from others. Yet no one could find a more devoted, open-hearted friend than this personality type. His/her vibrant, positive attitude is irreplaceable to have around and one can always count on him to support his friends unequivocally in times of need.    -  www.gotohoroscope.com







Now I need to order from my favorite Chinese take-out!  I'll be sharing dumplings with The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays.


xo
                                                      

22 comments:

  1. Non ho mai visto il capodanno cinese!Ciao Barbara e buon fine settimana!Rosetta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chinese New Year sounds like lots of fun. I think ordering take out is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never really followed the whole Chinese New Year stuff. That was interesting! Now, I'm going to have to google and see what the year I was born was. Oh how I hope it wasn't the year of the pig or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No pig. I was the year of the Ox. Well, that doesn't seem much better. An ox is a beast of burden. Yep, that would be I.

    Of course, since the husband was born the same year, I guess you could say that I'm definitely equally yoked. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just want to tell you how much I enjoy your blog Barbara. It is interesting, amusing, and happy! Big pat on the back to you my friend.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am the Dragon; so I am expecting a good year! Wishing you a good one.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Barbara:
    How very interesting all of this is. We feel that the Year of the Dragon has arrived with great energy and we are hoping that it will be a successful and prosperous one for us all.

    But what of the other chinese years...we are goats and pigs?!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopefully the Chinese new year will bring better than our new year. Not been so great, yet. Richard from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, I didn't know it was the Chinese New Year! I'll have to order take-out and have a celebration!!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very Interesting. You know I haven't had to many chinese types of food. I believe I've had egg drop soup once and egg rolls.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Take out sounds like a perfect way to celebrate Year of the Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a 'year of the tiger' baby. My daughter has visited China several times and brought me back a sweet globe with my name and a tiger painted in it. Fun! I'll be celebrating with fried wontons and steamed dumplings on Monday, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great way to celebrate a new year. So festive. Wonderful to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dearest Barbara,
    It is interesting to know all these, isn't it☆☆☆
    I'm in the sheep year and really tamed, haha.
    Hope you enjoyed your favorite Chinese take-out.
    Blessing to you, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not a single dragon in this family! We do love Chinese food thought and I look forward to seeing your dumplings.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm an ox, like Debbie. Definitely have a lot of ox energy in me - giggle. Plodding along, taking on too much sometimes.

    Happy Year of the Dragon to you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just found out that I am a dragon! gee, reading this was like seeing myself in the mirror. I think we'll have to out for Chinese next weekend to celebrate! Meanwhile, I'm in w/ a hot cup of tea and my IPad. lots of catch-up to do. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So interesting..my hubby was born the year of the dragon and he has very few of these traits..maybe I need to really sort them out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very interesting Barbara. Brett was born in the year of the dragon.Charisma that he has ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Rats! I am the year of the Rat...energetic, charming, honest and humorous.
    Yeh, right. Now let me find that chair to stand upon. EEK!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is interesting, and the dragon is so colorful and grand. I remember walking through the streets of So. Cal. and they had a big festival with the Chinese Dragon galloping through the streets dazzling everyone.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...