Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Let's Dish at Cuisine Kathleen

Thanks to our hostess, Kathleen, for having everyone over to her place to party each week.  

For this week's party, I want to share a set of mugs and cake plates from the late artist, Thomas Kinkade for Spode, the Inspired Home "Cottage" series.  



They were issued in 2005.


shadow of my hands taking the photo
They belonged to the mom of a dear friend, and were given to me when her Mom was downsizing.  I was touched that I was in their thoughts at that time.  (Thanks, Joan and Diane!)








There are four different cottages depicted and the mugs match the plates.  



Close up of border, which the brown is much deeper but they match well with my window treatment


I have two posts today, something I never do, but it just worked out like that.  The post with the recipe for the cookies shown here will be out a bit later.


An early centerpiece as I haven't unpacked the bins yet.  The flameless candle was a birthday gift from another dear friend (thanks, Toni!).  The wreath from CVS, sale


Candle is lit






Closeup of sun flower tea cloth, a gift from a client of mine when I was working



I feel I need to apologize for two posts today, but I hope you come back for the second one.    Stop by Kathleen's to see some of the loveliest tables.

Also sharing at Tablescape Thursday at BNOTP.  

xo




23 comments:

  1. How beautiful! I am so glad they entrusted them to you, a perfect guardian. I love the scenes on each piece. Your wreath is pretty too! I haven't brought out one Fall thing. Friday there will be no more excuses!
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dishes are so pretty, Barbara! I have the Thomas Kinkaide Christmas Village and I love it! I have to check out CVS for their fall things...I usually find pretty candles holders. Love the flameless candles!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love those dishes so much that I purchased them also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The plates and mugs are gorgeous Barbara. I've never seen them before, in all my dish adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a thoughtful gift those dishes are. I know you must enjoy using them and thinking of your friends. I'm loving those flameless candles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara~ Your Thomas Kinkade Cottage plates are beautiful! I love the green border and brown floral pattern~ so nice that you could be the beneficiary of downsizing! I look forward to your cookie recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Barbara,
    OH, Thomas Kinkaide and "the Inspired Home "Cottage" series"♡♡♡ Lovely cottage design with full of autumn atmosphere♬♬♬ I love the green color of the edge and the matching cottage color. How wonderful your friend thought of you when downsizing, my friend!!!
    I truly enjoyed the autum atmosphere in this post. I always admire your GORGEOUS tablesape. Yes, your sun flower tea cloth go really nice with your table decoration(*^_^*)
    Sending you lots of love and hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbara, those dishes are just beautiful! How wonderful that you received them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful table & I love the dishes & mugs! I noticed them in your cookie post & wondered what they were. I love dishes that depict sweet cottages...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet and thoughtful gift!!! I know you must greatly treasure those beautiful dishes! Very pretty setting, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your friends must have known their mom' dishes would be beautifully presented on your table. What a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my I can't imagine being given such a nice gift! Those are beautiful plates and cups! I just commented on another blog that used Thomas Kinkade dishes on how sad it is that he's gone already.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the subtle colors of this dinnerware, Barbara! They make the perfect fall table setting. I didn't know there was licensing w/ Thomas Kincade and a china company. I learn so much from the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your Kinkade plates and mugs. Your centerpiece is striking too. Fall has arrived (well, almost!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello!! I just got a chance to come and visit as I worked last night and slept this morning a bit but now I am off for 2 nights! Yippee!!

    I LOVE those Thomas Kinkaide dishes!! Stunning!! I love anything Thomas Kinkaide and I am so saddened by his passing.
    those dishes are to die for!

    Thanks so much for following me and I am now following you right back!! Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm in envy of your plates! So beautiful! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Barbara , I love your tablescape. The dishes are so beautiful. I would never put them away!The colors couldn't be more perfect for your decor.What a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sooooo pretty! The dishes are elegant.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sooooo pretty! The dishes are elegant.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely table setting, Barbara...the dishes, the centerpiece, the cookies...an autumnal delight!

    Hey we made it! Your header says that fall begins tomorrow! =D

    Maybe I'll get some time to make those yummy looking cookies to celebrate...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the little wire candle holder in the center! I'm going to look for one of those! How cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...