Monday, October 29, 2012

Why don't tropical storms STAY where they belong?!

We are NOT the tropics!  So far, we are hanging tight.  The bad part is supposed to hit late this afternoon into tomorrow morning.  I am doing things so fast in case we suddenly lose power.  

Quick shower, make coffee, make an egg white omelet, feed the birds, light a religious candle and run some heat.  Temperature here is 57, not too bad but it will drop when the 80 mph winds hit.


This is an intersection several miles from my home.  I have been up and down this road a thousand times, have never seen it like this.  I took this photo from our local paper.


My friend in Brooklyn, another borough, said she got her mail delivery.  I have to walk down to the mail boxes, that is not happening!

I did have phone issues, lost the dial tone, then it came back.  I am having trouble reaching people who use another cable provider for their phones.  Oh well.  I need to be praying, anyway.

xo




9 comments:

  1. Be safe, Barbara! I'm thinking about you, Kathleen, Alma, and Yvonne. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay safe!! Praying for you all.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you! Take care, and stay
    safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care.Thinking about you here in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay safe and warm, you and all my east coast blog friends. I am in California and hope the storm veers east, over the water and away from land.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keeping you and all the people in Sandy's path in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Barbara!Mi dispiace vedere queste immagini!Chiuditi bene in casa!Dirò anch'io una preghiera per voi!Ti abbraccio,Rosetta

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...