Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Little Festival of Trees

In my previous post, I shared my day at Peddlers Village.  You can read about it here.  Before we hit the village, we had lunch at my favorite tea room, The Talking Tea Cup



Love those red berries and the little pile of snow.  They have tiny little patches that they decorate in a lovely prim way.  The gift shop always has wonderful seasonal items.







Delicious dainty sandwiches and luscious bites of desserts



There was going to be a big celebration later in the evening, when Santa would arrive in his horse drawn sleigh.  All kinds of activities were planned.  Last year 800 people attended.  Merchants from the town donated and decorated trees to reflect their business.  There was a tree from a chiropractic office, 
Ornaments were key chains resembling the spinal column and pelvis!
a beekeeper, 




volunteer fire department,



a dry cleaners, 

Cheeburger Cheeburger - a restaurant chain, 



a school in memory of a young boy student who died



The Library



It was all arranged in an old out building on the property, not very large, that was used as a birthing room for cows years ago.  It was really lovely to see all the trees, and I was sad that we could not stick around to see the arrival of Santa.  Maybe next year.  



Sharing this with Sweet & Simple FridaysSeasonal Sundays and Sunny Simple Sundays.  

xo






18 comments:

  1. What lovely photos!!!I like everything but the wreath is fantastic.
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely do not diet. =D There'll be plenty of time for than in the new year. What a sweet outing...a delightful tea...wonderful trees...a marvelous day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the name The Talking Tea Cup is so cute. Love the outdoor decorations. I loved the chiropracter tree. It is amazing how many different and creative kinds of trees they come up with at these tree festivals. I have to say that your countdown to Christmas makes me nervous!! I haven't done much shopping or baking yet. Oh well, Christmas WILL come even if I am NOT ready. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  4. just lovely barbara!! I love the teacup!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara, so many things to love about this post! First, I noticed your fireman Santas in your header -- wasn't your dad a fireman? Those are real treasures!

    Second, am I the only one who thought about the old SNL skit with the Cheeburger, Cheeburger tree? All I could think of was "Cheeburger, cheeburger, coke, coke, chip, chip." Too funny! :-D

    I love all the pretty items in the tea shop -- the snowman plates, Christmas teapot, and the tea-themed wreath.

    It looks like you had a great day; sometimes we all need a day off this time of the year.

    XO,
    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a great day, Barbara! Would you believe I have never been to a tea room?! Those little sandwiches look delish! I love all the decorated trees, too. What a great Christmas celebration!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the winter berry trees in the first shot. Wish I was there with some clippers! Richard from My Old Historic House

    ReplyDelete
  8. The creativity that people use to make their trees never ceases to amaze me. And it must be time for dinner because I want to climb through my screen to eat those tea room goodies!
    xo,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you live near Peddlers Village???? Our son used to live in New Hope and we have visited PV many times. I never seem to get there at Christmasd though and NEED to do that next year!!!! I love it at any time of year. Love those plates in the first picture, the tea room sounds really nice. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great place, Barbara! I think that wreath is adorable and the trees are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All fun trees! May I add the Christmas label to my sidebar? Love it:@)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the variety of trees. Love that tag message at the end it sounds like a plan.
    Have a great week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Barb, that Christmas label is great! Love the outdoor decorations. What a fabulous tree festival. We have one here, but I didn't make it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Barbara how fun this looks!! Come by and see me...you won the giveaway!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun day, Barbara! I would love to be at that tea room and then to see all those pretty trees. It's so fun to do special holiday things.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dearest Barbara,
    OMG, what a fun day you had at "The Talking Tea Cup". It seems wonderful place and beautiful wreath♡♡♡ Also big Congratulations to you that you won the gorgeous plates; hehe, I happened to read your friend's comment for you and visited her. You are the right person for them and I really am happy for you, my friend(^_^)彡☆ What a wonderful Christmas present♬♬♬ 

    Sending you lots of love and hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all of those themed trees! Very clever. I also love that Christmas label :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post on Simple & Sweet Fridays.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...