Friday, December 14, 2012

God Help Us





Dear Father God,

Please please please help us here on Earth, if you want to do it on 12/21/12 or whatever your timing is, please come down to Earth to remove evil?  It has taken over society.  Mentally impaired people have access to guns.  They don't get the mental health needs under control yet they have plenty of access to guns that fire 100's of rounds and rip apart innocent children and adults.  Children killing parents, strangers killing strangers for no reason other than the thrill of the massacre (the thrill being in their own sick minds).


Father God, we need you more than ever.  Even though our government would just as soon forget about you completely, things are falling apart so fast they cannot keep up with repairs.  Please take away evil.  Decent folks are powerless to do anything.  We will continue to pray and keep the faith.    But I believe with all my heart that You need to step in.  

Thanks for listening.  And bless all the innocent victims of today's shooting massacre at Sandy Hook School in Newtown, Connecticut.  And especially the parents and families of the little children.  Instead of having warm family holidays, they will be burying their own.  

xo

17 comments:

  1. Oh Barbara, the news of this senseless act of violence has just left me broken hearted. I had no idea until just a bit ago ... I was holding Ellie when I found out ... and all I could do was pray and hold onto that sweet little baby. Praying in agreement with you. Hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Barbara, this post is full of emotion. I' ll pray with you for a better world.
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such horrors drive us to our knees. Your loving and sensitive spirit is coming through so clearly. THIS, this is why we need a Savior. Wish I could give you a gentle hug and pray with you in the flesh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such bitter sorrow at a time that should be joyous. May God help the broken hearted, and may His protection be in front of us, behind us, over top of us and inside us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For once, I am at a total loss for words. The only thing I know to do at this point is pray, pray, and pray!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen! Oh sweet Jesus, do reach down and heal all those broken hearts and then give us as individuals to do what is necessary to heal our nation.

    Barbara, thank you for this beautiful and urgent prayer. I am praying with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well said Barbara. Tears are welling up in my eyes as I go from blog to blog reading these sad posts. Yours is one of the only ones I have found that actually starts to address the problem. You have hit the nail on the head. In this country we do not address either the lack of treatment for the mentally ill or the regulation of certain guns and ammunition. Therefore we will have more and more of these tragedies. Until we get the government to work for the good of all people again and not for the mega corporations nothing will change. Praying is nice, calling your congressman and senator is better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sad day for our country...and the world....

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, so sad. I couldn't believe what I was watching and hearing yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All I can say is Amen! My prayers are with all the grieving families.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amen Barbara, Im really sad, so sad, and I put a candle in my blg too. What sad is all this, and the kids OMY

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sad sad day. Thank you for this prayer. I can feel every word you wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your words say it all, ... AMEN.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dearest Barbara,
    Never thought about about the numbers, my friend. Yes, we heard the news in Japan as well, my friend. My prayers for all the family of victims!!!
    Love you always from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is the worst. Every heart was torn open over this. We definitely have some problems in our society that need big time attention. Let's pray that we all become more vigilant and speak up about those who concern us. There is no more room to be complacent.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm in total shock, I can't even enjoy my holiday season after this! The worst is that it's happen again and again..why are this crazy people with mental illnesses walking around, what are we to do?? I'm acking for the parents of the little children they lost here and so closed to C'mas..oh Lord, please save us! My prayers are going for the families that lost loved ones, for the USA and all the world..may God bless us and keep us from happening again.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...