Sunday, March 10, 2013

A little thrifting

While heading to another destination while out and about yesterday, out of the corner of my eye I spied a sign that said "thrift store".  My friend concurred, and I made a U-turn as soon as one was available and went to check it out.

The usual furniture and clothing that I always seem to ignore.  But over at the dish/glassware section, I found some small Corelle plates with ivy pattern @ $.50 each and a Fire King sugar and creamer with a wheat motif @ $1.00 ea.   



The FireKing on the bottom can't be seen in a photo. (Ye olde point-and-shoot)




I will be using these in my post for the St. Patrick's Day blog crawl at Cuisine Kathleen this Wednesday, March 13th at 6 PM.

I also visited a craft fair at a fire station in White House, New Jersey.  




Purchased a lovely and delicate hand crocheted eye glass "chain" so my readers are always close by.  I am at a 'certain age' where I need my reading glasses handy.  





The weather was so gorgeous, clear blue skies and temp was near 60 degrees.  Look at the streak of white from a jet, which was almost directly over the flag when I took this photo.




Lunch was at an Irish pub called Willie McBride's.  My friend and I shared a Reuben sandwich and fries.  My friend had potato soup, we shared a starter of roasted red pepper hummus.  We were so hungry I forgot to get a photo of it.




Pub had great atmosphere.



We sat right by this hutch.  




Guess this patron wasn't too happy that we were taking photos.   Her husband(?) then asked "where you folks from?"  




All in a blogger's day.  

Joining Mary for Mosaic Monday (first time) and Sally for Blue Monday, with those gorgeous skies.  Teensy bit of blue on the hutch, top shelf.  

xo


Happy Birthday,  Toni!






25 comments:

  1. It is great that you had another fun outing! Great thrifting scores - I have been finding that my local Goodwill store have gotten kind of pricey. Can you believe that???
    xo,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. That CB sandwich is all I remember!! LOL, just kidding. Looks and sounds like a fun day... that blue sky was my second fav!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun day! The shopping is always great, I really love the Ivy plates. And the pub food looks yummy. Love the sky shot with the flag. Wonderful mosaics. Wishing you a happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great day Barbara! Couldn't believe it was in the 60's yesterday and that beautiful blue sky and sunshine was such an amazing bonus:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun day! Sometimes people look at us like we are crazy as we take photos of EVERYTHING. Some people just don't get it. lol.
    It's been a gorgeous two days in Baltimore ~ a sure sign that spring is near. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that you had such a lovely day, Barbara. And found some scores to boot. My kind of day for sure. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You found my everyday dishes. I'd never thought that they'd be great for St. Patrick's Day, but they would! Maybe I'll smile instead of wish that I had something different. I keep them because they're so light and easy to wash.

    That poor lady...perhaps some judicious blurring or cropping would be nice. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds such a lovely day Barbra, and love the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that looks like a very fun day. A yummy lunch and fun thrifting/craft fair finds... what's not to like about that?
    Glad you had a good day out with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You found some wonderful things, Barbara!

    I remember, right after I started the blog,I was taking pictures of our appetizer and wine, at a little wine garden. I overheard a man say to his companion, that woman is taking pictures of their food!LOL I still get that kind of reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the dishes you found and the eye glass chain is beautiful. My favorite type of shopping! What a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dearest Barbara,
    Lovely purchases for the St. Patrick's Day, my friend♡♡♡ I need eye glass "chain" myself and I LOVE your crochet one♬♬♬ Happy for your wonderful day and I wish to join mosaic Monday someday, p;)

    Wishing you a wonderful week ahead;
    Sending you lots of love and hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a fun weekend! Why do people always get impatient when others take pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I get some looks when I am taking pictures, too. I just smile right back. What a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's fun to go thrifting when the objects and prices are as good as the ones you found, Barbara. The pub food looks yummy! I guess some people are camera shy...maybe for a reason!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Barbara, I would have concurred too on that U-Turn for the thrift shop. You found some pretty things. l love the cups and the plates. Looks like a great place for lunch. Not only does the food look delicious but sitting there looking at that hutch would make me happy! I never turn down an opportunity to eat at an Irish pub, love them!
    Have a great week.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a fun day spent with a friend, and good loot to take home.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It sounds like you had a great day. Some days are just made for getting out to thrift and enjoy with a friend! Glad you are enjoying a bit of this warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing this beautiful blue sky. I love it!

    As I recall, those wheat pieces originally came as gifts from inside a detergent box.

    I fixed your link. Maybe you were linking in at the same time as someone else.

    Happy Blue Monday, Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh gosh Barbara, you had another great day! I love your thrifted purchases. I always go straight to the dishes and housewares, too. The pub DOES have great atmosphere! Your sure you didn't fly over to Dublin?? How fun to get out with a friend and have some fun on a pretty day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, wow~ I could have spent all day at the thrift store and craft fair!! (And the food made my mouth water!)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Barbara, Love your thrifty finds and that eyeglass keeper is fabulous. I don't use one because I can't take off my glasses. I am blind in one eye and can't see out the other !LOL.
    As for the guy asking where you were from, perhaps he WASN"T her husband and that was his concern!
    Hugs, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great finds you got there.

    I am now just getting around with Blue Monday entries. I know it's Saturday already but am trying hehehe.

    Come and take a peek of my BLUE
    Happy St. Patrick's weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...